Here we share a guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on HTC U11. Yesterday HTC has started rolling out the Android 8.0 Oreo update for HTC U11 in Taiwan which comes with version number 2.31.709.1 and November’s security patch. If you want to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on HTC U11 or want to Update HTC U11 to version 2.31.709.1 Android 8.0 Oreo Manually then you are in right place. Here we share a guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo On HTC U11.
HTC U11 2.31.709.1 update brings all Android Oreo Features and also includes VoWifi service for CHT customers in Taiwan. HTC U11 Oreo Factory Image is not available for now but we provide you the HTC U11 2.31.709.1 OTA zip which can be installed on your device manually. Download HTC U11 Android Oreo Firmware from below to manually Install Android 8.0 Oreo On HTC U11.
HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo firmware update is rolling out via OTA and available for all users. Version 2.31.709.1 update for HTC U11 can be easily sideloaded manually. To Install 2.31.709.1 on HTC U11 you need to download HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo RUU file or HTC U11 Oreo OTA zip file and adb drivers. Download HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo OTA from below to update HTC U11 to Android Oreo manually.
HTC U11 Android Oreo Features and Changelogs –
- Android 8.0 Oreo OS Update
- November 2017 Security patch
- Update Vo-WiFi enabled for users on Chunghwa Telecom carrier
- Regular bug fixes
- This Firmware file is only for HTC U11. Don’t try this on any other device.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device.
- We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It may erase your data so it is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for safer side.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo OTA zip
- Download HTC U11 Oreo OTA 1.28.709.33 to 2.31.709.1 – Download, Download
- Download HTC U11 Oreo RUU file – Coming Soon
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo On HTC U11 –
Method 1 –
- Turn off your device.
- Now boot your device into Download mode by Pressing the Power button and Volume down button.
- Use the Volume rocker to navigate to the menu entry Reboot to bootloader and press Power button to confirm this action.
- Use the Volume rocker to navigate to the menu entry Reboot to Recovery and press Power button to confirm this action. Your device will now reboot to recovery mode.
- When recovery starts, you will see a red triangle with an exclamation mark within, wait for a short while and press both Volume buttons with Power button. This combination allows you to enter the Recovery menu.
- Use the Volume rocker to navigate to apply update from phone storage option and press Power button to confirm.
- Now you can choose your OTA package and then press the Power button.
- After reboot, you will get a message that you successfully updated your device.
Method 2 –
1) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC.
3) Download the Oreo RUU zip for HTC U11 from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
4) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC and boot your HTC 10 into Download mode by using below command
adb reboot download
or use manual command to boot HTC U11 into Download Mode –
- Power Off your phone.
- Press and hold Power + Vol Down at the same time
- In download mode, use the Vol Up and Vol Down buttons to navigate up and down and Power to confirm
5) Now Boot your device to RUUMode (Optional:- zips file can be flashed in download mode or RUUMode, both work)
fastboot oem rebootRUU
6) Now flash the RUU ZIP file on HTC U11 with the command given below
fastboot flash zip File_name.zip
7) Now wait until the process complete and then Reboot the phone.