Good news for Huawei P10 Users, Latest Android 8.0 Oreo update for Huawei P10 is now available for download. The Huawei P10 B311 Oreo Update is rolling out via OTA which is based on the latest Emotion UI 8.0 and Android 8.0 Oreo OS. The update Featuring enhanced performance and security and EMUI 8.0 delivers a fresh experience that lets you get more out of your device. If you want to Install EMUI 8.0 on Huawei P10 or want to Update Huawei P10 to Android 8.0 Oreo Manually then you are in right place. Here we share a guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Huawei P10.
EMUI 8.0 brings all Android Oreo Features along with floating Navigation dock, home screen shortcuts, Faster AI-based optimizations deliver greater stability, fluidity, and speed, enhanced protection, and lots of new features and settings. Other than that Huawei P10 EMUI 8.0 update comes with many new features and bug fixes. You can check the complete features and changelogs from below. Follow below guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Huawei P10.
Huawei P10 Android 8.0 Oreo firmware update is available for both VTR-L29 and VTR-L09 variants. The update is rolling out via OTA and available for European users. EMUI 8.0 update for Huawei P10 comes with a build number VTR-L29 126.96.36.1991 (C900). Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei P10 from below to update Huawei P10 to Android Oreo manually.
Firmware Information –
- Device – Huawei P10
- Model – VTR-L29/VTR-L09
- Android Version – 8.0
- EMUI Version – 8.0
- Firmware – B311
- Build Number – VTR-L29 188.8.131.521 (C900)
- Region – Europe
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Changes – Changelog
- This Firmware file is only for Huawei P10 VTR-L29/VTR-L09. Don’t try this on any other device.
- Below method is not tested so do it at your own risk.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device.
- We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It may erase your data so it is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for safer side.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Huawei P10 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware
1) Download 184.108.40.2061 Oreo Update for Huawei P10 Huawei P10 Huawei P10 VTR-L29 220.127.116.111 (C900log)(Europe) –
2) Download 18.104.22.1681 Oreo Update for Huawei P10 VTR-L09 22.214.171.1241 (C900log) –
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Huawei P10 (126.96.36.1991) –
Method 1 – Update Huawei P10 to Oreo using HWOTA Tool
1) Requirements for this method.
- You need to unlock the bootloader of Huawei P10 first, Skip it if you already had it unlocked.
- Download HWOTA_VTR.zip file.
- Download the above three files and rename the “update_data_full_public.zip” file to update_data_public.zip and the second data file “update_full_VTR-29_hw_eu.zip” to update_all_hw.zip.
2) First download the HWOTA_VTR.zip from above and extract it on your PC or your device SD Card.
3) Now download all three update, data, and public files (make sure you rename the files as mentioned above) and copy them either in the external SDCard inside HWOTA folder or in the PC in the C:..HWOTAupdate folder.
4) Run the update.bat file as an administrator, It will ask you if you copied the files. Press any key to continue.
5) Now connect your device and Reboot into Bootloader mode using “Volume Down + Power” or just use “adb reboot bootloader” then press any key.
6) The above step will install TWRP on your device.
7) Now Disconnect USB Cable and turn off your device and use “Volume Up + Power” to enter TWRP.
8) Once you’re in TWRP mode, plug in the USB cable again and press the Enter key on your computer.
9) If your files are saved in the HWOTA folder on the SD card, type 1 and press ENTER and if files are saved in the HWOTA/Update folder on your PC, type 2 and press ENTER.
10) It’ll ask you the update type, again type 1 and press the Enter button twice.
11) Done! Above step will start the installation of files on your device
Method 2 – Update Huawei P10 to EMUI 8.0 using Firmware Finder App
1) Download and Install the Firmware Finder app – Download
2) Open the app and click on three (3) bars on the top left side of the app and choose Settings
3) Now activate the option ‘Use proxy for install‘ and install the addon when it asks for it.
4) Return to the main screen of the app and search for the latest firmware available [VTR-L09/VTR-L29 188.8.131.521 (C900log)].
5) Press on your firmware and choose ‘get an update through proxy‘
6) Go to phone settings -> wifi -> long press your wifi network -> modify -> show advanced options -> proxy settings -> manual -> set the name as localhost and port as 8080 and save it.
7) Go to phone settings -> updater -> check for new update.
8) A new update should appear which you have chosen earlier in Firmware Finder app.
9) Once the download has started and reached 5%, checks for any errors. If everything works and is error free then you can pause the download.
10) Now go back to wifi settings and remove the proxy and save it.
11) Now Resume the update download.
12) When the download is finished the phone will verify the package and install it.