Android 8.0 Oreo Update for OnePlus 5T start rolling out as OxygenOS Open Beta. The company previously starts rolling the Android Oreo update for OnePlus 5 and now released the Android Oreo OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5T users. The new OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5T brings all Android 8.0 features like Picture in Picture mode, Auto-fill, Smart text selection, Quick settings design, and bring latest September security patch. Download OnePlus 5T Android 8.0 Oreo Update from below.
The update is an “OxygenOS Open Beta” and you will receive the OTA if you are on previous Open Beta build else you have to flash it manually via ADB Sideload. After flashing OxygenOS Open Beta update on OnePlus 5T you will continue getting the OTA. Stable Oreo-based OxygenOS for OnePlus 5T will be rolled out soon until then Download OnePlus 5T Android 8.0 Oreo Update from below and flash it manually.
Recently OnePlus released the stable OxygenOS 4.7.6 for OnePlus 5T, but if you want early access to new features, then you must try the latest Open beta for OnePlus 5T. Download OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5T from below. Check below what’s new in OnePlus 5T OxygenOS Open Beta 1.
Features of OxygenOS Open Beta 1
- Updated to Android O (8.0)
- Optimized the app shortcut style
- Combine icon options with app shortcuts
- Now able to upload photos to Shot on OnePlus
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-Fill
- Added Smart Text Selection
- New Quick Settings design
- Updated Android security patch to December
- This method is only for the OnePlus 5T.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will not erase your data, but still, we advise you to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download OnePlus 5T Android 8.0 Oreo Update
How to Install OxygenOS Open Beta on OnePlus 5T
1) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
4) Download the OxygenOS Open Beta 1 OTA zip file for OnePlus 5T from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
5) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
3) Choose Install from USB
4) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
5) On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
6) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
7) Flash the OxygenOS Open Beta on OnePlus 5T by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip
8) Now wait until the process completes and then Reboot the phone.
So if you want to update OnePlus 5T to Android 8.0 Oreo then Download OnePlus 5T Android 8.0 Oreo Update and flash it on your device. Let us know if you have any questions by comment below.
Source – OnePlus