Samsung is expected to unveil its next flagship smartphones, the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8 Plus, sometime in April. The press event for the unveiling of the devices was allegedly postponed from MWC 2017 at a later date on account of the Galaxy Note 7 fiasco. However, that hasn’t stopped the rumours, leaked images, and renders from surfacing on the internet. We’ve seen a lot of alleged leaked images as well as renders and case images of the upcoming smartphones. Today, we’re bringing you the clearest renders yet, along with a 360-degree render video of the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8, thanks to our collaboration with noted leaker @OnLeaks.
Samsung will continue its glass-and-metal sandwich design with the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8 Plus. The Galaxy S8 will have a screen size of 5.7 inches (or 5.8 inches), while the Galaxy S8 Plus will have a screen size of 6.1 inches (or 6.2 inches). Both devices will feature dual-edge curved Super AMOLED displays. This will be the first time Samsung will use a curved display on the smaller variant of its flagship smartphone. Furthermore, the Galaxy S8 will have dimensions of 148.90 x 68 x 8 mm, while the Galaxy S8 Plus will have dimensions of 159 x 74 x 8 mm.
Both smartphones will feature an iris scanner, USB Type-C port, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner (placed beside the rear-facing camera). Unlike what some rumours suggested, neither of these devices would feature dual-camera setups. The power and volume buttons are located on the left side of the devices, while an additional physical button (believed to be dedicated for Samsung’s voice assistant, Bixby) is placed on the right side.
Expected Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Specifications
- Screen: 5.7-inch or 5.8-inch (Galaxy S8), 6.1-inch or 6.2-inch (Galaxy S8 Plus), dual curved Super AMOLED display, 2560 x 1440 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Primary Camera: 12-megapixel, dual-pixel phase-detection autofocus, f/1.7, OIS, Auto HDR, and 4K video recording
- Secondary Camera: 8-megapixel, autofocus, f/1.7, and QHD video recording
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 8895/Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Memory & Storage: 4GB/6GB, 64GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 256GB)
- Software: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, Samsung Pay, USB 3.0 Type-C port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyro, Hall Sensor, and Proximity
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner, Iris Scanner, Samsung KNOX, and Samsung Pass
- Battery: 3,250mAh (Galaxy S8) and 3,600mAh (Galaxy S8 Plus), Adaptive Fast Charging, and Fast Wireless Charging