Chinese smartphone manufacturer Gionee is all set to launch its new smartphone, the Gionee M7 Power, in India on November 15. The brand had unveiled this handset along with the Gionee M7 in China at the end of September and had begun teasing its launch in India since last week. The highlight feature of the M7 Power is its massive 5000mAh battery with support for fast charging and a renovated screen with 18:9 aspect ratio.
Gionee M7 Power: Features
The Gionee M7 Power sports a 6-inch 18:9 FullView display with a resolution of 1440 x 720 pixels with a peak brightness of 500 nits. Under the hood, it runs Qualcomm’s 1.4 GHz octa-core Snapdragon 435 processor with Adreno 505 GPU. It packs 4GB of RAM, 64GB on-board storage, and an expandable storage option (up to 256GB via a microSD card). On the software side of things, the Gionee M7 Power boots Android 7.1.1 Nougat-based Amigo OS V5.0 out-of-the-box. The phone has a 13-megapixel rear-facing shooter with f/2.0 aperture and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. There’s 4G (with VoLTE) and a 5000mAh battery along with support for fast charging.
Gionee M7 Power: Specifications
- Display: 6-inch FullView IPS LCD display, HD+ resolution (720 x 1440 pixels), 500-nit peak brightness
- Processor: 1.4 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB internal memory, expandable up to 256GB (via microSD card)
- Software: Android 7.1.1 Nougat-based Amigo OS 5.0
- Rear Camera: 13-megapixel camera, f/2.0 aperture lens, phase-detection autofocus, LED flash, 1080p video recording
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel sensor
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n ac, Bluetooth 4.2 + LE, GPS (with A-GPS), GLONASS, FM Radio, and 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimension: 156.3 x 75.6 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 187g
- Battery: 5000mAh with fast charging support
- Colour: Gold, Black and Dark Blue
The company might announce the device’s availability in Gold, Black and Dark Blue colours for the Indian market. These colour options were initially introduced in China during the Gionee M7 Power’s initial launch. The smartphone was also introduced in Thailand for 9,990 Thai Baht and for CNY 1999 (Rs. 19,616) in China. Going by this pricing, we expect the handset to be valued in a similar price range in India.