Now you can Update Galaxy S5 Mini to Android 8.0 Oreo by installing latest Lineage OS 15 ROM. Recently Google released the official Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Pixel and Nexus Devices and Android Oreo Source code. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Oreo and now first Lineage OS 15 for Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini is available for download. If you want to taste Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on Galaxy S5 Mini then follow our guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Galaxy S5 Mini.
XDA Senior member hennymcc released the initial build of Lineage OS 15 ROM for Galaxy S5 Mini and the ROM is in testing mode and soon we will be seen the stable build. The ROM comes with many Android Oreo features and may contain some bugs. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Galaxy S5 Mini from below.
The ROM is an initial Android Oreo build for Galaxy S5 Mini and missing many features but it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Android Oreo ROM brings all Android Oreo features to your device. Download Android 8.0 Oreo on Galaxy S5 Mini from below and Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android Oreo manually.
Not Working :
- Initiate and receive calls
- Flash Light
- This ROM is work on Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini (G800F/G800M/G800Y). Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial Oreo build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Lineage OS 15 ROM for Galaxy S5 Mini
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download Andriod 8.0 ROM and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.