Now you can easily Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 5T. The OnePlus 5T is the latest flagship device which launched recently. The phone already available in the market and if you bought the phone and looking for a way to Root OnePlus 5T then you are in the right place. Here we share how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 5T.
First, you need to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5T and then flash SuperSu to Root OnePlus 5T. Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.2.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.2.0 on OnePlus 5T. Follow this guide to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 5T.
Official TWRP for OnePlus 5T is now available so you can download the official one or the modified Bluespark TWRP. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5T. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 5T.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- After you root OnePlus 5T and install TWRP on it, you can customize your device
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- First you need to Unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 5T. (Check How to unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 5T)
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on OnePlus 5T –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 5T – Offical, Bluspark TWRP (Rename it to recovery.img and save it on adb and fastboot folder)
How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 5T
Install TWRP on OnePlus 5T –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-click anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It will install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 5T
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) Now boot into recovery by using the Power+Volume Down button or use the below command.
fastboot boot recovery.img
7) Now follow below steps without leaving TWRP.
Root OnePlus 5T –
1) With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
2) Now select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allow modification.
3) Now from the main menu navigate to Install Zip and select SuperSU and Swipe to flash n the zip.
4) Now Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache.
6) That’s it, your OnePlus 5T root successfully.