LG has finally introduced its new 2017 K-series in India today. As part of the initiation, the LG K10 (2017) is the first smartphone from the K-series to enter the Indian market. With the K10 (2017), LG becomes the first company offer an SOS button feature built inside the smartphone.
LG K10 (2017) has a unique u-frame and brushed metal finish effect. It does look stylish for the price bracket. Last year in July, the Department of Telecommunications would ensure that the smartphone makers launching new phones in 2017 should include a panic button for women’s safety. Although this was a mere request by the Government, most smartphone makers are working to incorporate it in their upcoming phones launching in India this year.
The K10 (2017) is the first phone to launch in India with a SOS panic button. You need to press and the button for three second to let the phone send a distress signal to the national emergency number – 112.
Shri. Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister, Communications and IT, Government of India commented:
“We are consistently working on initiatives to create a safe & conducive environment for citizens of the country through technological excellence. The panic button, 112, is a great initiative and we must applaud efforts of LG Electronics who is developing technology for the betterment of the society. I would also like to congratulate LG for completing 2 decades in India.”
Take a look at the hardware of this smartphone.
LG K10 (2017) Specifications
- Display: 5.3-inch In-cell Touch 2.5D curved glass IPS display with 1280 x 720 pixel resolution
- Processor: 64-bit octa-Core 1.5 GHz MediaTek MT6750 processor with Mali T860 GPU
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB/32GB Internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Software: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Camera: 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash; 5MP front-facing camera with 120-degree wide angle lens
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC
- Security: Fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 2,800mAh removable
- Dimension: 148.7 x 75.3 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 142g
- Colour: Titan, White, Gold
The LG K10 (2017) has a 5-megapixel camera on the front with a 120-degree wide angle lens to take selfies without using any selfie sticks. The front camera has F2.2 aperture and can capture a group picture easily. However, there is no front facing flash. Also, the phone doesn’t come with any fast charging feature.
The K10 (2017) supports nine regional languages of India and will go on sale at ₹13,990 from February 26. There is no word on when the other phones in the K-series would be launched in India.