Motorola debuted the Moto X4 smartphone in September at the IFA 2017 exhibition in Berlin, Germany. The Lenovo-owned smartphone brand then announced that it has rescheduled the launch event of the phone in India, and that it is set to happen on November 13. Now, ahead of its official launch in the country, the retail box of the handset surfaced online, exposing its pricing. Going by the details that are mentioned on the box, the Moto X4 with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage could be priced at Rs. 23,999.
To remind you of the specifications of the Moto X4, it offers a 5.2-inch LTPS IPS display with Full HD resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. Beneath the phone, there’s an octa-core Snapdragon 630 mobile platform along with 3GB/4GB of RAM. The device comes in two variants: 32GB and 64GB. The storage space can be expanded by up to 2TB using a microSD card. On the software side, it boots Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box. The Moto X4 has been promised the Android 8.0 Oreo update by early 2018.
The first and the foremost feature to talk about on the Moto X4 is its camera configuration. It offers dual rear-facing camera setup, consisting of 12-megapixel and 8-megapixel camera sensors. The primary camera sensor features dual-pixel autofocus mechanism for extremely fast and reliable focussing. It can record 4K videos as well. At its front, there’s a 16-megapixel selfie camera that’s accompanied by an LED flash. Furthermore, it also comes with IP68 certification for dust and water resistance.
Other features of the phone include dual-SIM card slot, 4G LTE and VoLTE support, dual-band gigabit Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C port, and a 3000mAh battery with Turbo Charge. The Moto X4 comes in two colours: Sterling Blue and Super Black. However, at this moment, it is not known whether the company plans to bring the 3GB variant to the Indian market. We should get more details about the configurations, launch plans, and the final pricing of the handset when it launches officially next month.
Moto X4: Specifications
- Display: 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) LTPS IPS display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon octa-core 630 SoC with Adreno 508 GPU
- Software: Android 7.1 Nougat (upgradable to Android 8.0)
- RAM: 3GB/4GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64GB internal storage (expandable by up to an additional 2TB)
- Rear-facing camera: 12MP primary + 8MP secondary camera, dual-tone LED flash, Dual-Pixel Autofocus, 4K video recording
- Front-facing camera: 16MP, f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB Type-C port
- Battery: 3000mAh with Turbo Charge support
- Colours: Sterling Blue & Super Black