After pushing Android 7.0 Nougat to the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T on the last day of 2016, OnePlus is starting off 2017 with another update for both phones.
An update to OxygenOS 4.0.1 is now rolling out to both the OnePlus 3 and 3T. The updates include many of the same features as the OxygenOS 4.0 update that included Nougat, but adds updated APN settings for select carriers, a fix for a proximity sensor bug, and increased system stability.
Here’s the full changelog for the OxygenOS 4.0.1 update:
Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat
- New Notifications Design
- New Settings Menu Design
- Multi-Window View
- Notification Direct Reply
- Custom DPI Support
Added Status Bar Icon Options
Improved Shelf Customization
Updated APN Settings for select Carriers
Fixed Proximity Sensor bug during calls
Increased System Stability
OnePlus also mentions a few known issues with these updates, like apps not downloading from the Play Store:
Apps might not download from Play Store.
- If you are trying to download via Data Roaming, it will not work. This is a known Google issue.
- Please follow Google’s troubleshooting steps and see if the problem is resolved.
- Try turning on Battery Saving Mode and reset Play Store app preferences.
- If you have these 3 apps installed: Truecaller, AVG Antivirus and PayTm, please try to force stop or uninstall them before performing download from Play Store.
If you still experience mobile data issues caused by APN, please go to APN settings page and manually choose try all the options. In the case that mobile data is still unusable, please send me a pm along with affected career and device model.
WiFi connectivity might still fluctuate, if you experience this issue, please send me a pm.
There updates are now rolling out in stages, so if you don’t see anything on your OnePlus 3 or 3T quite yet, give it a few days.