OnePlus is rolling out a new OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA update for its OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T models. The new OxygenOS OTA based on Android 7.0 Nougat code is being rolled out on an incremental basis. That means you might have to wait for a day or more for it pop up on your phone.
The new OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA mostly includes overall optimisations and tweaks with a couple of bug fixes. The update log suggests that the Amazon Prime app will get installed automatically for the Indians owning OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T.
The Smart Wi-Fi Switcher lets the phone automatically switch from a weak signal emitting access point to a data connection. Take a look at the optimisations packed in this OTA.
- Added Wi-Fi IPv6 Support toggle
- Optimised Smart Wi-Fi Switcher, if turned on, device will switch to data connection if Wi-Fi signal is consistently poor
- Fixed crashes for Line
- Increased stability of the Camera app
- Optimised exposure when taking night time photos
- Updated Audio Parameters and improved the quality of audio recordings
- Updated APN settings for select carriers
- Amazon Prime App will be pre-installed for India Users
If you continue facing Wi-Fi issues even after installing the OTA update, here’s what you should do. Open Wi-Fi settings, and click on the gear icon to open ‘Configure Wi-Fi’ option. Disable the ‘IPv6 Support’ setting which is switched On by default.
The OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA update measures 91MB and should hit the all OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T devices in coming few days.[Source: OnePlus Forums (1), (2)]