We all know that OnePlus is all set to announce its next big flagship, the OnePlus 5T, on November 16 in New York and in India at a local event. Over the past few days, we have seen a plethora of leaks about the handset, but now we are blessed with some important specifications about its hardware and software, thanks to Geekbench’s database. The OnePlus 5T (denoted by model number A5010) is running Android 7.1.1 Nougat and uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset with 8GB of RAM. We’re not impressed by device’s single-core score (1,959 points) and multi-core score (6,742 points), though, since there are plenty of handsets out there that can achieve a similar score.
As far as its other details go, we know that the phone is set to feature a 6.0-inch FullView display with a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels and 18:9 aspect ratio. Going by the Geekbench listing, we are now fully assured that the smartphone will come bearing the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa-core chipset with a base clock speed of 1.9GHz. The handset also packs 6GB/8GBGB of RAM and 64GB/128GB on-board storage, depending on the variant. Presumably, the OnePlus 5T was believed to run Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box, but this initial listing shows that it is running Android 7.1.1 Nougat which is still being used even during this late testing phase of the phone.
OnePlus 5T: Rumored Specifications
- Display: 6-inch Optic AMOLED, 2160 x 1080 pixels, Full-Screen display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Software: Android 8.0 Oreo-based OxygenOS
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset with octa-core Kryo CPU and Adreno 540 GPU
- Memory: 6GB/8GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB on-board storage, no microSD card slot
- Rear-Facing Camera: 16MP+20MP camera, phase-detection autofocus, EIS, dual-tone LED flash, 4K video recording, Portrait Mode
- Front-Facing Camera: 16MP, fixed-focus lens, 1080p video recording
- Connectivity: 4G LTE (with VoLTE), dual-SIM, GPS, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Google Cast, Bluetooth 5.0 (with LE, aptX, and aptX-HD), 3.5mm headphone port, USB Type-C port
- Battery: 3450mAh, non-removabl, Dash Charge
With the official launch of the OnePlus 5T set to happen next week and the sale commencing on November 21 in India (exclusively through Amazon.in), we will get a hands-on experience of the phone in the next few days. We hope to publish a complete, in-depth review of the device before the end of this month.