This year, observing New Year’s Eve in NYC has aided me with putting intermittent existence into perspective. Two-thousand and ten will be a novel catalyst to the 2nd decade of this century. With promising possibilities and infinite inevitabilities, our anticipation escalates and veracity transpires with emphatic bewilderment. However, prior to conquering our resolutions and gobbling down those ever so lucky black-eyed peas, we mustn’t neglect the bygones of former epochs. In retrospect, the 2000’s decade distinguished itself through the identity of high tempo and concrete actualizations.
1. Despite, the D.C. Sniper and Hurricane Katrina, the episodes on the daybreak of September 11th, 2001 are logged as the most renowned since Pearl Harbor. Imminently, this incontestably wrought the forthcoming era and frankly exhibited a substantial transformation, fabricating a war.
2. Consequently, the continued military campaign in Iraq, which is marked by the deployment of U.S. Troops on March 20th of 2003, shaped and influenced this decade immeasurably. Perplexities of the invasion linger and the outcome is impending.
3. At the launch of the decade in 2000, 6 billion people were breathing, at the close in 2009, it swelled by 800 million. Out of that 6.8 Billion, the United States of America managed to pluck a 47 year old Hawaiian born man and delegate him as the 44th President elect and 1st African-American yet nominated.
4. The introduction of the multimedia smartphone devised by Apple Inc. in 2007 regulated a change continuum and revolutionized the communication market. The iPhone is irrefutably the prime and dominant invention of the aforementioned era.
5. The appalling and unfortunate bereavement of philanthropist Michael Jackson on June 25th 2009 is unambiguously the primary death of this decade, (albeit; Yasser Arafat, Rosa Parks, Ronald Reagan and Sadaam Hussein) furthermore this generation. Since his birth, he has been commoditized and exploited creating a dimension of puzzlement, even his passing could not sojourn such operations and instead it essentially bolstered them.
Shelving and processing these thoughts with diplomatic discretion is a task that I will adeptly complete during my New Year’s in NYC since enduring life at the axis of our globe makes it fundamentally preordained. A generation concluded