ZTE introduces the new Blade A2 Plus smartphone at an event in Bangalore. After being radio silent for a couple of months, ZTE is back in the market for a large screen smartphone. The ZTE Blade A2 Plus has a 5.5-inch display styled with 2.5D curves and houses an octa-core MediaTech chipset. ZTE has packed a 5,000 mAh battery with fast charging support. That is ideal for most smartphones with a battery capacity above 4,000mAh rarely have the fast charging feature.
ZTE Blade A2 Plus is a giant screen bearing smartphone and an octa-core 1.5GHz MediaTek MT6757 chipset powers it. Its Mali-860 GPU should be able to handle most of the graphics and gaming without any hassles. Also, the 4GB of RAM will ensure that all apps and software features of the phone run smoothly.
The ZTE Blade A2 Plus has capacitive buttons on the front and the fingerprint scanner rests at the back, under the camera.
ZTE Blade A2 Plus Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch 2.5D Curved Glass display with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution
- Software: Mi-Favor on top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Process: 64-bit Octa-Core 1.5 GHz MediaTek MT6750T chipset with Mali-T860 GPU
- Memory: 4GB of RAM
- Storage: 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Network: 4G LTE, Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, Fingerprint sensor
- Camera: 13-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash and PDAF; 8-megapixel front-facing camera with LED flash
- Battery: 5000 mAh battery with fast charging
- Dimensions: 155×76.2×9.8 mm
- Weight: 189 grams
With metallic rear panel, the Blade A2 Plus does feel a bit unwieldy and on a heavier side. In terms of specs sheet, it does look like a competitive smartphone. In a way, the ZTE Blade A2 Plus will have to compete with the likes of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and LeEco Le 2.
Sachin Batra, CMO, ZTE India Terminal, commented on the launch:
“With a young, tech-savvy audience, about 69 million consumers purchased their products online and it is expected to cross 100 million by 2017. Our Blade-series smartphone, ZTE Blade A2 Plus comes with 4G LTE, VoLTE support and host of other features at an effective price. Through this phone, we take the first step to reach millions of Indians who are going digital. By eliminating multiple external factors, we want to bring the best phones that industry has to offer and at an effective price.”
ZTE Blade A2 Plus will go on sale for ₹11,999 in India at Flipkart website starting February 6 onwards.